The competition is open to full-time undergraduate students at the Telfer School of Management and/or teams comprised of at least 50% Telfer students. This is not about ideas, it’s about action: completed and planned. The Telfer Business Traction Challenge requires:
- 3 page executive summary
- 10 slide deck
- Applicants must also agree to be available to present at the Entrepreneurship Bridges on April 5, if chosen as a finalist.
PRIZE MONEY: $10,000 ($2,000 for validation and $8,000 for traction stage, with only one winner in each category.)
Contestants will demonstrate the achievement of real milestones towards starting, or validating their business ideas as well as realistic goals moving forward. Applicants can be at any stage of their business idea but must be able to demonstrate real milestones completed and future goals.
Applicants will have realized real traction with their business such as:
Validation ($2,000 prize):
- Validation underway or completed (e.g. customer feedback, test webpages, early sign ups or crowdfunding campaign etc.)
- Prototype finalized/website operational, etc.
Traction ($8,000 prize):
- Sales or beta clients.
- Strategic partners established.
- External funding achieved.
Acceptance to compete in other Business Competitions or acceptance into an accelerator or incubator program will be considered as well.
Judges will be looking for:
Clear and succinct explanation of the business concept and opportunity – both written and in the .ppt. – get to the point fast and focus on what is real.
Deadline for registration is March 21, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
This event is supported by the Camille Villeneuve Entrepreneurship Fund at the Telfer School of Management.